Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting ready

In light of Recent Events, I've been trying to be as busy as humanly possible with different pre-moving tasks. These include but are not limited to:
1. Touching up and cleaning my dresser and bedside table. They were somewhat grubby and the paint was chipped when I got them from the thrift store -- I couldn't tell if the paint was yellow from age, or just yellow. But now they are beautiful and shiny and CLEAN, and ready to be weighed down with my clothes.




2. De-rusting my headboard and bedframe. My house has a room we call "The Dreaded:" it's so junky/dirty/bug-filled that we dread going in there. We mainly use this as a storage room, but it's also where the previous house owners left all the crap they didn't want to keep: big ugly cabinet thing, big ugly tool table thing, BEAUTIFUL FULL SIZED BED FRAME AND HEADBOARD! They're a little rusty, but I'm super excited to have saved a good $100ish. De-rusting was surprisingly satisfying -- we have something called naval jelly (as in the navy, not as in your belly button) that is pink and gooey and magical, and REALLY WORKS.


3. Swapping Santogold tracks on AIM with MattMorgan. I don't have a cute picture for this because I don't know how to do screenshots on a PC. But check out my favorite one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKaqAR9Zjo

4. Deciding what to do with the vanity. This vanity came with my dresser (I had to buy mirror + dresser + bedside table + vanity as a set), and I don't think it's going to fit in my room in Raleigh (or in Durham). It's so beautiful, and would be a great desk to use during the summer for my computer, buuuuuuut I'm thinking I might sell it on Craigslist and make some cash. I hate getting so attached to inanimate objects!

No comments: